3-D Printing – Additive Prototyping
Fast, accurate prototypes in plastics and metals
3-D printing of machined part prototypes offers CED clients cost- and time-efficient solutions for reviewing simple to complex design concepts. Harnessing the speed and efficiency of additive printing can allow examination and testing of concept and design prior to machining production.
Working through select 3-D Printing partners, CED carefully coordinates and manages this technology to deliver on time functional models from your 3-D CAD designs or ours. Collectively, the partners we work with offer a wide range of materials capabilities using metals, nylons, flexible and rigid plastics and thermoplastics, and other ridged substrates.
Coordinating and delivering a 3-D printed prototype —and ensuring that prototype is also efficiently machinable — is another engineering advantage CED provides.
CED Machined Parts and Components Gallery
(click images to enlarge)
Contact CED Services
Have a question? Need a quote?
Call or email us today!
6 Reasons to consider CED :
1. Diverse Capabilities: Our advanced equipment and AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Certificate ensure specified-precion for parts and subassemblies used in the most demanding industries.
2. Customer Dedication: Experienced professionals focused on your part program success.
3. Lower Cost: Consistently higher-quality parts—machined for less.
4. Convenient Location: Nestled in Oxford, Connecticut, USA — only 1 mile from Oxford Airport.
5. Vendor Upgrade Program: Our 3-step program eliminates vendor-switching nightmares.
6. Reputation: Our world-class precision and service have earned praise and trust from our customers...
Read what CED clients say:
“We enjoy our relationship with CED for several reasons namely, that they have the expertise that our products require and the equipment that can efficiently produce it. Their decision making people are skilled in their areas of expertise. This, plus their attitude of "what can we do to help you" is a combination that has served us well.”
Tom Chiaramonte, Engineer | Triumph Actuation Systems
“CED has consistently proven they can produce top quality fabrications. The staff at CED offers outstanding Engineering support. The cycle time associated with design, prototyping and assembly verification is greatly reduced due to CED's commitment to quality and service.”
Tom Farbizio , Engineer | Hologic Inc.
Consulting, Engineering & Development Services, Inc.
3 Fox Hollow Road,
Oxford, CT 06478