Wire EDM Machining: an Outsourced Service from CED
Wire EDM stands for “Wire Electrical Discharge Machining”— an outsource service CED Services offers through the abilities of our proven Wire EDM alliances.
During EDM machining, an electric current runs through an EDM wire held between two brackets to form an electrode, while the material to be cut forms a second electrode. As current passes through the wire, the high-energy discharge between the wire and the workpiece rapidly cuts away material. Wire EDM can be used for cutting intricately shaped parts out of virtually any material with electrical conductivity.
Our Wire EDM partners deploy state-of-the art computer controlled machines to citrate incredibly detailed and parts with pin-point accuracy. And because there is no metal-on-metal force or “tool wear”, even very small, delicate parts can be fabricated with perfect repeatability. This makes Wire EDM perfect for fabricating prototypes and specialty parts used in Medical applications, Aerospace, and more.
CED’s ability to secure Wire EDM services through quality-proven partnerships expands the total, turnkey solution value we offer clients.
CED Machined Parts and Components Gallery
(click images to enlarge)
Contact CED Services
Have a question? Need a quote?
Call or email us today!
6 Reasons to consider CED :
1. Diverse Capabilities: Our advanced equipment and AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 Certificate ensure specified-precion for parts and subassemblies used in the most demanding industries.
2. Customer Dedication: Experienced professionals focused on your part program success.
3. Lower Cost: Consistently higher-quality parts—machined for less.
4. Convenient Location: Nestled in Oxford, Connecticut, USA — only 1 mile from Oxford Airport.
5. Vendor Upgrade Program: Our 3-step program eliminates vendor-switching nightmares.
6. Reputation: Our world-class precision and service have earned praise and trust from our customers...
Read what CED clients say:
“We enjoy our relationship with CED for several reasons namely, that they have the expertise that our products require and the equipment that can efficiently produce it. Their decision making people are skilled in their areas of expertise. This, plus their attitude of "what can we do to help you" is a combination that has served us well.”
Tom Chiaramonte, Engineer | Triumph Actuation Systems
“CED has consistently proven they can produce top quality fabrications. The staff at CED offers outstanding Engineering support. The cycle time associated with design, prototyping and assembly verification is greatly reduced due to CED's commitment to quality and service.”
Tom Farbizio , Engineer | Hologic Inc.
Consulting, Engineering & Development Services, Inc.
3 Fox Hollow Road,
Oxford, CT 06478